Twitter Updates

    Sunday, October 3, 2010

    Hideous Resume & Covering letter

    I have run out of ideas of what to blog. My life has been pretty much dull recently. Less drama = peaceful? I went on innit the other day and read quite a few of our buddy's palm. I realise myself become less observant. Some blogs that I have been to, but have totally forgotten who they belongs to. But now with new nuffnang feature, I can add them as friend and will automatically send an email to me whenever they updated with new post.

    Well, besides palm reading, I have been looking for jobs. For the past few days, I have been sending out several emails to prospective employers, first none of it has got any reply. I have then look into my covering letters and resume. It is so embarrassing to find that there so many grammar mistake and incomplete sentence. Well, that's not it, I did not even state that I know how to operate computer. The employer must have think that this computer illiterate trying to apply for a post. Have you got the same experience as me? Please share as I would like to know what to do the next.

    After editing the covering letter and resume, I have got 2 companies called up on last friday to fix appointments to interview me tomorrow. (After I have sent out few rubbish covering letters to few big firms T_T). The biggest problem I have here is that I have never apply for a job in a formal way. I got the most job through friends suggestion. Fml this time, seriously. I'll let you know if I got one. And if I ever got one, I think it is worth celebrating it. I am now worrying about my proper entire and my interview questions. FML T_T





    5 comments:

    1. Good luck in getting the job you want then (: Best wishes!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Good luck to you !! The force is with you....

      ReplyDelete
    3. Aww Jady, all the best!
      i believe that you'll manage it quite well :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Good luck in finding a new job. Anyway, I thought you already have Master in Finance from the UK. It should be much easier for you to get the job.

      ReplyDelete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your cloud-ic comments!